Rangers flop Eduardo Herrera says Ibrox spell was ‘a good experience’ and has prepared him for life at Santos Laguna


EDUARDO HERRERA has described his dismal spell at Rangers as “a good experience”. The Pedro Caixinha signing scored just twice in 24 appearances after joining the Light Blues from Pumas last summer. Herrera returned to Mexico with Santos Laguna earlier this monthGetty Images - Getty And he returned to his homeland earlier this month, signing a season-long loan with his old club Santos Laguna. Speaking to Mexican publication Record, the striker said: “It was a year where I learnt a lot. “It was a good experience for me and I grew both personally and professionally. “I feel different now because of it and that experience will help me now as I try to win a place in the first team here. Herrera had a nightmare with Rangers last seasonKeith Campbell - The Sun Glasgow “The football is faster, more intense and very physical (in Scotland). “Perhaps some of that has stayed with me and with what I’ve learned professionally and personally, I think it can help me get back to my best level of form.” Herrera, 29, is believed to have cost Rangers £1.5million. Related Stories EURO BLOW Umar Sadiq missing from Rangers’ flight to Croatia for Euro clash against Osijek RAM IT UP Ex-Celtic and Rangers target Jack Marriott on verge of £3m move to Derby County Gers Kean Rangers eyeing up move for Manchester City kid Kean Bryan STAR MAN Ex-Rangers starlet Fleck hailed by Sheffield Utd fans after Inter Milan display RAM RAID Lampard eyes £8m move for Waghorn as ex-Rangers striker slaps in transfer request Game on Miller and Wallace’s Rangers fight heading for showdown SPFL hearing at Hampden But Steven Gerrard made it clear he had no future at the club by leaving him out of the club’s pre-season training camp in Spain. And amid the uncertainty over his future, he posted a defiant message on Instagram. He wrote: “Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. “The best is yet to come. #keepmovingforward.”

Source: Scottish Sun, News

Search:

close