
RYAN KENT got a taste of what Ibrox can be like on matchdays. The stadium was packed to the rafters for Sunday’s friendly with Wigan — and the on-loan Liverpool ace savoured every minute of his home debut. Kent in action against WiganWillie Vass Now, against NK Osijek, Kent gets to do it for real. The winger, 21, can’t wait for the Europa League second-round second-leg qualifying clash with the Croats. And a week on from his first start for Gers, Kent is confident that he can help Steven Gerrard’s men finish the job in Glasgow. Kent said: “I feel that I have settled in a lot more now since making my debut. The midfielder is buzzing to experience Ibrox on a European nightWillie Vass “The lads have been really good, as have the coaching staff and also everyone else. I am feeling confident. “I’m really excited to go and make my full competitive debut at Ibrox. “I think it is something that will really benefit me in the future, playing in these types of games. “It’s a massive game for the club but one we are all looking forward to.” Gerrard has praised the Liverpool youngsterWillie Vass Gerrard rolled the dice in Croatia, giving Gers debuts to Lassana Coulibaly and Kent. And while lacking in overall match sharpness, the work ethic of both impressed. On Kent, Gerrard said: “It is the reason we brought him in, because he has got the energy levels to do both — and every attacking player, for me, has to do both. “He has to be able to attack, but he also has to be able to defend. He has to want to track back. “Ryan has that in his locker. He works hard for the team.” RELATED STORIES HOME & AWAY Former Rangers starlets talk life after Ibrox and challenges of playing abroad MORE.. OR LESS Osijek boss questions whether Morelos can play at highest level SECOND CHANCE Former Rangers target Kean Bryan being lined up for move to Sheffield United ‘BANKER’ Punter backs Rangers to win Scots Premiership in £1 bet that would earn him £600k BIRTHDAY DRINK Ex-Rangers ace Jason Cummings celebrates turning 23 - with coffee and cake RANGERS PREVIEW Ian Crocker on Old Firm title race, Gerrard’s signings and trophy ambitions Kent said: “That is expected of most of the attacking players. “You have to put the work in when attacking and defending. That is expected. “With the magnitude of what the game is, I have just got to see it as another game, make sure my performance is up to the level and make sure we get the win. “I got a chance to watch the Liverpool games on the TV last year, but with the two loan spells I had I didn’t get to them. “So this, with Rangers, will be my first real taste of European football and I’m very excited about it.” Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary
Source: Scottish Sun, News
Source: Scottish Sun, News
